23.8 C
Bengaluru
Thursday, May 23, 2024

Bangalore airport to become India’s first airport with multi modal transport hub soon!

Bangalore airport to become India’s first airport with multi modal transport hub
Bengaluru airport will soon join the likes of cities such as Zurich and Heathrow as it will become India’s first airport with a Multi-Modal Transport Hub (MMTH) and provide seamless travel integration for travellers.

An official of Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL), which operates the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) has said that MMTH is in its advanced stages of construction and is likely to be completed soon. Sections of the facility, including a temporary parking space and drop-off area, have already been completed and are ready for operationalisation, as per a report by Moneycontrol.

MMTH will meet the current and future needs of passengers and staff by hosting various modes of transport options under one roof, including private car parking, taxi services, inter/intracity buses operated by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and will be connected to the Airport Terminals Metro station.

The Bangalore airport caters to nearly 1.05 lakh passengers a day. About 72 per cent of passengers disperse through cars and taxis, and the remaining 28 per cent by buses.
As per BIAL, the MMTH hub will integrate bus and Metro stations, private car/ taxi/ cabs parking, a baggage sorting area and a retail area. Most airports in India are not integrated with multiple modes of transport. For instance, the Chennai airport has Metro and suburban stations in the vicinity and a multi-level car parking facility and a bus stop. However, they are not integrated under a single roof.

Related News

spot_img

Revenue Alerts

spot_img

News

spot_img